[OSM-talk] Revert requests in general

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Fri Aug 6 14:29:51 BST 2010

Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> writes:

> Nick Black wrote:
>> The current mechanism by which Mapzen and Mapzen POI Collector
>> users authenticate against OSM is horrible for users.
>
> At the risk of being really hand-wavy and imprecise, I'd just say: Twitter's
> OAuth UI is really exemplary. It's a great demonstration of how to get it
> right. Every time I use an OAuth app with Twitter I think "wow, is that all
> there is to it?".
>
> There's a slight difference in that the usual Twitter OAuth experience is
> with a user who already has a Twitter account, whereas what we're talking
> about here is setting up the account in the first place. But that's not
> insurmountable.

I downloaded mapzen poi collector early on.  I was already an active osm
conributor.  So all i had to do was type my osm username and password
into the app's preferences, and it's worked fine ever since.

I can see that making it really easy for some exising oauth creds to
register and agree to terms would help.