[OSM-talk] Frederik declares war on data imports...

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 14:32:24 BST 2010

On 8 August 2010 23:23, Robert Kaiser <kairo at kairo.at> wrote:
> Let's go "what if" and weigh the grand outcomes logically, not not fight
> over some people pointing out some details of some possible outcome.

So those people that have been importing cc-by-sa go "what if" and
conclude that most of their efforts for the last few years have been
for nothing end up loosing all?

There is no single license that will allow everyone everywhere to be
happy with the outcome, the only guarantee for some is the status
quo...

> Offending them doesn't help either. We are still ONE community in ONE

He seems to be doing a good job of offending Australians and anyone
else that has been involved with either importing or cleaning up
imports in the past...

> project, we should put all our heads together and find common ground instead
> of trying to fight against each other and dividing this great community.
> I have seen some dividing fights in other communities, but real progress
> only really came around when people finally worked together on common
> ground.

I'm not the one pushing for major license changes, if anything I'm
pushing back against them because I disagree, not only with the
proposed changes, but the way some people are going about them.