[OSM-talk] CC-BY-SA derived ODbL data

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at latuviitta.fi
Tue Aug 10 11:28:56 BST 2010

Richard gave me an idea for mixing the stew.

Let's say that a user who stays with CC-BY-SA has drawn crossing streets and
buildings around the corner. Then another user who is willing to go with ODbL
locates some POIs by looking at the ready OSM map. Sooner or later the streets
and buildings will disappear from the OSM-ODbL but what will happen to the POIs?
I suppose there are folks who say that also these POIs should be deleted from
(or not transferred to) the OSM-ODbL database because they are derived from the
CC-BY-SA only data.

How strict are we going to be with these cases? If we are going to be strict,
how can we sort them out?

-Jukka Rahkonen-