[OSM-talk] Potlatch for Newbies

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 05:16:50 BST 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 8:55 PM, NopMap <ekkehart at gmx.de> wrote:
> - Why don't we disable that Live edit feature for good? I vaguely remember
> the question has been raised before, but I just can't think of any use case
> where I' need to mess up the data directly with no undo.

I only ever use the Live Edit mode. I don't trust my browser not to
crash, or my internet connection not to fail, between the time I make
the edit and the time I push save. Since there is no way to save data
locally, using the non-live mode makes you very vulnerable to data
loss.

I consider Live Edit mode to be much less error-prone, and thus less
harmful, than offline mode.

I note someone below saying Potlatch 2 will only have the offline
mode. Ugh. That's a real pity.

Steve