[OSM-talk] Duplicate nodes generally

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 17:12:45 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 5:26 PM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> 2010/8/30 Nic Roets <nroets at gmail.com>:
>
> > Or you are not supposed to route over them. My routing engine merge those
> > nodes during the "compile" phase and then does route over them.
>

> and how does it determinate, that the 2 nodes are really one, and it
> isn't disconnected on purpose?

It doesn't, so it's a bug. But it's extremely unlikely that it will ever
have any impact on the user. You will e.g. need a double decker bridge that
was surveyed with high precision DGPS equipment and then you can't use
Potlatch. The variables I'm using have 10cm resolution.

So it's a bug that has become a feature.

cheers,