[OSM-talk] Massive import of airports

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Fri Dec 17 08:51:45 GMT 2010

David wrote:
<big snip>
> What do you think about reverting these changesets?

I stumbled across an imported node in the middle of the existing
area of airport nearest me and have deleted the node, but it being
there made me review the existing mapping and I have improved my
previous estimates of the car park and buildings based on the bing
imagery, so the fact that the node was there made me look at the
area again and has led to improvements overall.

Globally, the question is whether more new airports have been added
than duplicated. I'm guessing that unless a similar import had been
done previously from another source then the answer is yes, in which
case cleaning up the data might be better than reverting.

Perhaps someone more adept with xapi than I can work out the level
of duplication (and perhaps from that even a changeset to remove the
duplicates)?

Ed