[OSM-talk] Massive import of airports

Katie Filbert filbertk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 14:24:07 GMT 2010

On Dec 17, 2010, at 9:09 AM, Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de>
wrote:

> It's not only about data quality but about how we interact with each
> other.

+1

As for data quality and dupes, we already have airports in the US from
previous GNIS data imports.  Within those, I found hundreds of
heliports tagged as airports, among other quality issues.

Adding a whole bunch more dupes (of unknown accuracy, dubious PD but
probably copied from Google Maps or API) is unhelpful.  At minimum
some more thought and discussion about such import that widely affects
the community is essential.

Cheers,
Katie