[OSM-talk] If you want to help with OSM, and dont know what to do, help out with the Kosovo and Albania project

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:16:05 GMT 2010

Todos:

    * don't overwrite existing streets.
    * run the validator, merge street segments
    * join streets that end near each other.
    * don't upload points that are not connected.

code:

Here is the hack to shp2osm.pl that does the splitting, please use
that if you want to do mass imports. http://pastebin.com/f30247bfb

It splits by street count, not node count to get a clean cut. It is
what I used to produce those files. the shape file is also online on
archive.org

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:58 AM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com