[OSM-talk] If you want to help with OSM, and dont know what to do, help out with the Kosovo and Albania project

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 1 12:24:43 GMT 2010

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com wrote:
> Todos:
>
>     * don't overwrite existing streets.
>     * run the validator, merge street segments

Very important. I see that different roads have their own nodes and when two
roads connect, there are two nodes in the same spot.
In JOSM, use the validator plugin and be sure to have "duplicated nodes" checked.

What I've also seen is a lot of nodes (in ways) that have is_in=kosovo on them.
I find that superfluous and delete those tags. I hope nobody objects to that.

Maarten

>     * join streets that end near each other.
validator does a good job there too.

Maarten