[OSM-talk] Fwd: Nav4All navigation shut down by Navteq

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 1 20:17:47 GMT 2010

Am 01.02.2010 20:03, schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> I don't see how you could have the advantages without the disadvantages.
> Add a fixed tagging scheme and peer review to OSM and you get more
> quality but less data and longer turnaround times; before long you are
> TeleAtlas v2.0 and have to charge for maps to pay your mappers because
> nobody does it for fun any more.

Hmmm, a lot of the mappers I was talking to told me that it was a burden
to find "the right tag" for something, in the hope that it will "appear
on the map".

Seems a lot of mappers would be quite happy to follow an at least more
fixed tagging scheme than what we currently have today.

Unfortunately, there's no magic wand to get to this quickly ...

Regards, ULFL