[OSM-talk] If you want to help with OSM, and dont know what to do, help out with the Kosovo and Albania project

Rob rob at robreid.co.nz
Tue Feb 2 07:40:30 GMT 2010

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com wrote:
> Todos:
>
>     * don't overwrite existing streets.
>     * run the validator, merge street segments
>     * join streets that end near each other.
>     * don't upload points that are not connected.

In the sections I'm importing at the moment there is a couple existing
roads.
Based on the changeset info they appear to be based on the low-res yahoo
imagery.
They don't really match up with the iMMAP data very well.
Initially I was trying to merge them in, adding nodes at intersections
etc but I sort of suspect they are so inaccurate compared with the iMMAP
data that it not really worth the effort.
What does everyone else think?
A couple of sample here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/40134040/history

Cheers