[OSM-talk] Fwd: Nav4All navigation shut down by Navteq

NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de
Tue Feb 2 12:21:32 GMT 2010

Hi!

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> It is my honest belief that if all those fixed-rule-enthusiasts had
> their way, OSM would become uninteresting, mappers reduced to drones
> filling out forms that other people have provided for them. It might
> become more commercially viable (with businesses fighting over what
> presets get put into the most widely-used editors so that drones will
> create more valuable data), but if I had to choose I'd rather be part of
> an interesting project than one that's commercially viable.

In contrast to that, it is my believe that it would make mapping more
interesting.

A consistent, easy-to-use set of tags would spare mappers from spending time
trying to figure out how to do something that has been figured out many
times before or which contradictive information to follow.

Instead mappers would be free to simply do what they enjoy - mapping.

bye
            Nop