[OSM-talk] can't print from wiki

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Tue Feb 2 22:30:53 GMT 2010

For me the parameter works partially for the specific page you mentioned:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Guide?printable=yes

Because this page contains tabs, you won't be able to print the content
of the hidden tabs

You can get the individual tabs printable by adding the parameter, for
instance:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Basic_editing?printable=yes

Another option would be to move the JOSM guide to wikibooks.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Main_Page

wikibooks uses as slightly different way of wiki-tagging, but it also
gives you the possibility to assign individual pages to a book and print
the complete book or let wikibooks create a pdf for us.

I know this is a lot of work, but it would not be a bad thing for
something as basic as a josm manual. Of course you would then have to
move the josm manual pages away from the openstreetmap to prevent double
work.