[OSM-talk] Humanitarian OSM Team: Haiti Strategy and Proposal

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 9 05:59:38 GMT 2010

Who, what, where, and how are all open
questions. Why is simple … OpenStreetMap has demonstrated incredible
value in Haiti and we need to make sure we are prepared for the long
run there, and for future disasters. A couple weeks ago, Nicolas and I
started digesting the Haiti response, and years of thoughts and
discussions in OSM, into something like a plan.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Haiti_Strategy_And_Proposal

The aim of this evolving document is to start to gather and
prioritize major themes of needs and activities, for HOT
organizationally, in documentation and processes, in technical
developments, in relationships. As we are building the vehicle while
already hurtling down the road, parts of this are already in play,
parts are falling through the gaps, and overall coordination is a need.

Your review and comments on any facet of this are most welcome. Ideas to make this happen especially!
-Mikel