[OSM-talk] FOSSGIS 2010, March 2-5, in Osnabrueck, Germany

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Feb 9 08:57:20 GMT 2010

Hi,

    the programme for the German FOSSGIS 2010 conference is now fixed.
The conference takes place from Tuesday, 2nd March to Friday, 5th March
2010. The first two days focus on Open Source GIS technology and
applications, and from Thursday noon everything revolves around OSM; we
want to establish the FOSSGIS conference as a German "mini SOTM", and it
is going to be first and foremost a community event created by OSM
community members for their own (even though we expect to draw quite a
few visitors who come mainly for the software part).

The OSM days will usually feature one track with 30-minute talks (all in
German) and a second track with community workshops (called "community
sessions" in this context because the term "workshop" is traditionally
used for something else at FOSSGIS, namely paid-for tutorials in certain
open source GIS technologies).

The full conference programme is here:

http://www.fossgis.de/konferenz/2010/index.en.html

Everyone is welcome to attend the conference. Almost all talks are in
German so this is an excellent opportunity to practice your language
skills, or bring a translator ;-)

Attending the conference is free (as in beer), including a simple lunch
and coffee breaks (not including beer), but we must ask you to register
in order to be able to provide enough food for everyone. Here is the
registration link:

http://www.fossgis.de/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=2

The only things that are not free are the two social events on Tuesday
and Thursday evening (where you have to pay 38/36 Euros for a food+drink
flat rate - including beer), and the aforementioned FOSSGIS "workshops"
which are mainly targeted at commercial users and serve to finance the
conference. Details on the social events are here:

http://www.fossgis.de/konferenz/wiki/Main_Page

(I'm afraid that concerning payment options, FOSSGIS is a bit backward
and only accepts bank transfers but if this is a problem for anyone
please contact me off-list and we'll sort it out.)

We are also providing room for lightning talks and BoF sessions.

Bye
Frederik