[OSM-talk] fwd: Two thirds of mobile users want driving ANDwalking navigation

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 16 18:29:10 GMT 2010

You are both right.  RF absorption is a combination of amount of material
and its properties.   I think the issue with trains is limited to newer ones
with special windows (I think they are conductive - some cars have them
too).  The combination of shielding from the roof and windows makes it
practically impossible to get a fix.   I was surprised that I managed to get
a fix in a jet aircraft a few months ago - I would have expected this to be
a good shield too.

Graham