[OSM-talk] OSM front page design concept

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Feb 21 09:19:12 GMT 2010

On 21/02/10 07:38, SteveC wrote:

> 2) We have to be very clear that the openstreetmap.org website is _awful_. Horrendous. A total PITA. We're all here because we're persistent with it. But the wonderful thing is - we don't have to make the tools and site easy to use if we can expose a simple bug system. It's very clear that nobody can convince Richard to actually write something any muggle would really want to use, you can scream at him to finish the mythical Potlatch 2 all you want, but he doesn't give a shit and lives on a boat in bliss. That's his choice, and it's totally fine, but if we all feel that way then we have to deal with the downside that every single day we lose tens of thousands of edits because of that monopoly on bad UI. All I'm suggesting is we sidestep the problem and connect people who can report a map bug but can't be bothered to deal with pain and suffering of potlatch with the people who can deal with it, at least until Richard gets his act together and stops fixing every stupid thing
in the old codebase. You have to take a step back here and realise what we're missing out on.

Oh for crying out loud Steve, do you have to be such a complete shit all
the time? I honestly wouldn't blame Richard if he deleted all his code
and walked off into the sunset and we never saw him again after that
pointless little diatribe. I do help it made you feel better.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/