[OSM-talk] I ordered my first personal camera so I can do 'photomapping' or 'geotagging'

Niklas Cholmkvist towardsoss at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 20:18:38 GMT 2010

Hi,

I own a cell phone which can take pictures, but it doesn't store
pictures in exif format. After much research over time it seems I
couldn't even add exif by hand to the pictures I took with it.(with the
purpose to put the modification date in exif format in the picture by
hand)

Yesterday I ordered my first camera(Nikon Coolpix L19). Mostly with the
purpose of taking photos while I have a gps along with me, to later
geotag photos with josm and later use the pictures as sources for street
names or Points of Interest.

Does anyone have that camera? I was a bit unsure whether to buy it or if
I should ask first here if anyone has it, but as I read it supports exif
2.2 and memory cards(SD) I'm familiar with I decided to buy it without
asking/mentioning first. Just wanted to share.

Niklas