[OSM-talk] Creating custom OSM sites using the Mapnik OSM plugin?

Simone Cortesi simone at cortesi.com
Mon Feb 22 22:54:01 GMT 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 13:43, Nick Whitelegg
<Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk> wrote:
> Do people think this is a good idea? It's one of several possibilities
> that I'd like to work on, though I'd probably only do so if there's
> sufficient interest and/or I can't resolve the memory issues on my own
> site in other ways.

I do!

this will remove one layer of difficulties from the user wanting to
render their own city/province. And i think that a one shot rendering,
then uploading to the server would be something that will broaden the
use of custom maps. Thus encourage people in experimenting with mapnik
styles. Maybe leading to the creation of a style editor.

I'll be one of your beta testers, if you need one!

--
-S