[OSM-talk] Underwater scuba map in KML

TimSC mapping at sheerman-chase.org.uk
Mon Feb 22 19:17:38 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I was playing around exporting OSM to KML. I did this underwater map
which is intended for scuba diving. Various points of interest and
underwater guide ropes are shown. I used python to do the conversion.

http://timsc.dev.openstreetmap.org/dev/leybourne.kmz

I have used parts of the proposed tagging:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/scuba_diving

I would be interested in any comments, for example what is the best way
of storing and tagging depth contours in OSM or if anyone wants to buddy
for underwater mapping in the UK (mainly southern UK is my preference).

TimSC