[OSM-talk] Thoughts on OSM design, and looking forward and back

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Tue Feb 23 23:42:29 GMT 2010

Hi Andy

Thanks for your thoughtful comments...

You don't seem to make any realistic suggestions for moving forward and just, instead, suggest potlatch is fine as is the front page. That doesn't seem to be in touch with the reality of every newbie who encounters the project, does it?

Sure, you don't like the way I communicate sometimes but do you have any ideas at all on improving things other than the status quo and pissing on someone for doing anything?

On that point, I suppose I could write a big flowery essay on how awesome everyone is, and mostly we all are, but the hard fact is that the site and experience need improving and nothing's been done in quite a while. It's most interesting that all the (private, usually) comments from people who joined in the last year or so are very positive about the changes and everyone of 'our' generation is intensely negative.

Yours &c.

Steve