[OSM-talk] Thoughts on OSM design, and looking forward and back

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 09:37:02 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:07 AM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> * Freeze PL1 (TomH enforces no more updated on the server) and work on PL2

Wow. You'd really try to prevent any improvements that have been coded
from being deployed? That's a bad idea.

Sure, encourage people to work on P2 instead of P1 by all means, but
not by getting OSMF sysadmins to prevent the mapping community from
using any improved version of P1.

> As I said but Andy largely ignored, paying people is probably the worst option from a community point of view but at least it might move us forward.

Given that the community is the most important thing, by far, then I'd
expect you to have dismissed this idea already. One step "forward"
doesn't warrant 40 steps back.

Cheers,
Andy