[OSM-talk] Serious consideration of "Newbie Editor"

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 13:03:05 GMT 2010

On 25 February 2010 10:42, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> I would suggest that Potlatch is left alone for its devotees.
>
> I'd start with the following in the design brief for the "Newbie Editor"
> Can add nodes, label them with default tags only (other than name).
> Can add ways, again default tag list only, other than name.
> Very limited deletion ability (no clear idea yet on how to define this).

+ drawing ways by driving a car in 3d! :)

I don't want to Imagine the BAN THE NEW EDITOR voices here though.
Potlatch was already considered too accessible by a lot of people,
including me, although I think I got over it, because of the "very
non-technical" mappers it invited to contribute and who just added
work for others to correct.

Cheers