[OSM-talk] Help! Changeset reverted without explanation

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 23:05:04 GMT 2010

On 27 Feb 2010, at 14:33 , Nathan Edgars II wrote:

> Richard Weait wrote:
>> I generally allow other mappers a week to respond to site-mail before
>> I send another note.  They might be away from mapping for a bit.
>
> And a week from now half the ways in the changeset will probably have
> been edited, making a restoration very complicated. Is it the intent
> here that those with the technical know-how to revert can make a
> "first strike", leaving others unable to act?

but if the first strike can also leave others unable to act. If there is no obvious wrong doing you need to provide more and better explanations why your edits are good and the revert is bad.
for me it's not clear without spending a lot of time comparing your edits with previous versions. explain what you did and why and it's more likely someone is willing to do it.