[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap + Ushahidi-Chile in the works + partnerships

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Sat Feb 27 23:17:05 GMT 2010

Do you have ideas of things to do / tasks ?

I think satellite imagery should be available "soon" for tracing.

Do you guys know the impacted area ?

Maybe you could plan some kind of work plan for volunteers to help ?

(e.g. with a wiki page, or a shared spreadsheet on Google Doc)

How to split the work ? By area ?

What would be priority themes ?

Locate damages announced in the news ? (Damaged roads, collapsed
bridges, maybe damaged buildings ? )

How to coordinate ? talk-cl (OSM specific), crisismappers-chile (more
general, e.g. also including Ushahidi), osm-talk (to get general OSM
attention) ?

Is there an IRC channel ?

(The most relevant I am aware of might be #crisiscommons on irc.rhok.org

Of course, there is also #osm on oftc.net, for OSM stuff)

Best

(puedo hablar espanol o traducir si es mejor /
I can help translating to / from Spanish)

Jean-Guilhem
Toulouse, France
OpenStreetMap volunteer
(Experience with Haiti mapping - especially regarding health facilities,
PAHO (Pan American Health Organization) Master List, etc.
professionally works with satellite images - research and software
development for image analysis, segmentation...)