[OSM-talk] Help! Changeset reverted without explanation

Konrad Skeri konrad at skeri.com
Sat Feb 27 23:37:10 GMT 2010

2010/2/28 Apollinaris Schoell <aschoell at gmail.com>:

>>> I generally allow other mappers a week to respond to site-mail before
>>> I send another note.  They might be away from mapping for a bit.
>>
>> And a week from now half the ways in the changeset will probably have
>> been edited, making a restoration very complicated. Is it the intent
>> here that those with the technical know-how to revert can make a
>> "first strike", leaving others unable to act?
>>

> but if the first strike can also leave others unable to act. If there is no obvious wrong doing you need to provide more and better explanations why your edits are good and the revert is bad.
> for me it's not clear without spending a lot of time comparing your edits with previous versions. explain what you did and why and it's more likely someone is willing to do it.

I.e. guilty until proven otherwise?

User A edits the map.
User B reverts user A's edits without explaining why.
User A then has to justify before the whole community why his/her
original edits are valid and should be allowed to be reinstated.

Reverts really has to have proper changeset comments so we know why
the edits were reverted. The burden of proof is with the reverter.

Konrad