[OSM-talk] Help! Changeset reverted without explanation

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 00:04:27 GMT 2010

On 27 Feb 2010, at 15:37 , Konrad Skeri wrote:

> I.e. guilty until proven otherwise?

there is no court no judge no laws. only volunteers willing to help.

> User A edits the map.
> User B reverts user A's edits without explaining why.
> User A then has to justify before the whole community why his/her
> original edits are valid and should be allowed to be reinstated.

worst case scenario
A is a vandal
B reverts
C reverts revert B

how to continue? edit war?

> Reverts really has to have proper changeset comments so we know why
> the edits were reverted. The burden of proof is with the reverter.

absolutely, but this changeset is very complex and without understanding a bare minimum I will not do it because the more edits and reverts happen the more difficult is it to fix things at the end.
He asked for fast reaction and better this is the only way to speed up things or make it happen