[OSM-talk] Help! Changeset reverted without explanation

Lar Kiesel lkiesel at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 28 03:17:44 GMT 2010

I was the culprit who did the user lkrevert revert to user NE2 change set of
Columbia, SC, US.

Wasn't able to get the revert scripts to work with the space character in my
normal user name “Lar Kiesel”.  It was easier to add a new user than find
out what I was doing wrong.  I will add a pointer to my normal account in
user lkrevert.

The reasons for the revert was because NE2 had changed many segments  of SC
state highway ref tags from “SC xx” to “xx” that I had added.  This is
counter to what the US highway wiki states, and there are good reasons for
keeping the “SC”  in SC , which I don't want to get into here.   I was not
offered any explanation why my edits were changed.

Also,  NE2 made changes the to classification of roads that are clearly
wrong,  i.e.  section of Elmwood Ave.  from primary to motorway.  Part of
this one didn't get reverted.  Again,  I was not offered any explanation why
my edits were changed.

I started to correct the NE2 changes by hand,  there were too many and why
should I?  So. I decided to do the revert.

The OSM map of Columbia, SC is mostly raw TIGER import, other than a few of
the US and SC highways that I have changed.  I have been meaning to a survey
of the major roads in the city, which I live nearby and do a detailed
mapping,  been too busy working on my local area.  Downtown Columbia needs a
lot of work and I welcome the help, but lets follow wiki.

Nathan seems to have detailed knowledge of Columbia and many other cities,
care to state your sources?