[OSM-talk] When will bots be removed from history?

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sun Feb 28 10:24:18 GMT 2010

On 28 Feb 2010, at 10:12, Valent Turkovic wrote:

> When will bots be removed from history in Potlach? It is really hard to
> see what is going on in some area when all I can see are bot entries and
> (big) entries.
>
> Please, please remote bot entries from Potlach history.
>
> Here is how history of edits currently looks like for my home town:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/184632/bots.png

That history list is nothing to do with Potlatch. You need to click the edit tab to get Potlatch.

> This is completely useless when there are bots that take over all history!

The removal of the big changesets has been discussed, however it would be too processor intensive to add that to the search as the bbox area (determinator for when the changeset is big) is calculated dynamically when each changeset is written to the HTML. It is recommended that you look at other tools such as ITO World's OSM Mapper.

Also removing big changesets isn't what you are looking for. What you are looking for is for changesets that don't touch and of the objects in your bbox to be excluded and that is even more computationally expensive.

Shaun