[OSM-talk] Multipolygon tags removed

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jan 1 23:07:26 GMT 2010

Hi,

Katie Filbert wrote:
> Did I do something wrong with tagging buildings how I did?  I think I
> tagged them correctly and undid these two.

Your version was ok. (The "role" is optional and meant to make things
easier for human editors.)

Ropino has made a mistake. His changeset comment translates to "*added*
multipolygon" but in fact he removed the type=multipolygon tag, so I
assume that he intended no harm but somehow the script he was using has
malfunctioned. (If he was using a script - the last time people
complained to him about bot edits it turned out that he did these manually.)

I'll write to him and inquire, and help him fix the problem if he needs
help.

Bye
Frederik