[OSM-talk] Defective GPS trace

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 22:43:01 GMT 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 3:40 AM, Craig Wallace <craigw84 at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> But I'd still agree with Shaun - a single GPS trace is not really
> accurate enough for adding ways to OSM IMO.

Hmmm...is there consensus on this view? My approach so far has been "any
information that is approximately correct is better than nothing". The
quality of information can be improved over time, and a way whose endpoints
are correct but with a fictitious route is far more valuable than a
completely missing way. I'm even tempted to draw a massive straight line
between several towns to indicate roads that I know exist but that I haven't
surveyed. Would this offend a lot of people here?

Steve