[OSM-talk] [Talk-GB] Not-properly-Open-but-called-Open

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Mon Jan 4 14:03:58 GMT 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd suggest that if and when there is a "more open" OCM, then you might
> argue to replace Andy's one with it. I don't see a point in shooting
> ourselves in the foot before then.

Do you see the point in building OSM in the first place?

As I said, I don't think it's shooting ourselves in the foot.  I see it as
using a crutch when we're perfectly capable of walking on our own.  It's a
judgment call, but I think the long-term benefits to the project of telling
Andy "thanks but no thanks" outweigh the short-term advantages.