[OSM-talk] What's the policy on unsurveyed roads from imagery?

Aun Johnsen lists at gimnechiske.org
Mon Jan 4 18:16:04 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:

> Honestly, I don't know if speed bumps would come into play or not.  I kind
> of assume there wouldn't be a primary road which has speed bumps, but I'm
> willing to be proven wrong on that.  Furthermore, there might not be any
> road which would have been defined as primary were it not for the speed
> bumps, so this part of the definition might be irrelevant.

Dunno about Australia, Europe and the States, but here in Brazil where I map
I can mention one example, federal highway BR-484 from Cachoeiro de
Itapimirim have a few speed bumpers in Cachoeiro, passes along the edge of
Jeronimo Monteiro, along the federal highway (which should be tagged primary
according to the current definitions) have 14 speed bumpers while passing
this city. The same on the entrance and exit of Alegre, further when passing
Celina there are two speed bumpers in the intersection, another few speed
bumpers when passing Guacui, and finally infront of the Policia Rodoviaria
Estadual located in Dores de Rio Preto. I am not mentioning the continued
track in Minas Gerais state as I am not familiar with it.

Also, federal highway BR-262 from Vitoria to Belo Horizonte passes a few
speed bumps when passing through the urban areas of some cities, currently
tagged as trunk.

As far as I know none of these speed bumps are yet tagged.