[OSM-talk] Field Requirements from Haiti for spatial imagery-based work (processing & digitizing): NEED to map any spontaneous camps appearing in the imagery with size in area

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Thu Jan 14 15:49:41 GMT 2010

Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:
> Mikel Maron wrote:
>> Details are still emerging but apparently Digital Globe is making
>> available pre- and post- event imagery, tomorrow. There are other
>> sources in the pipeline.
>
> I asked Spot Image : they don't mention the earthquake on their site, so
> who knows - why no ask ?

They directed me to http://www.spotimage.com/web/121-charte-risques.php
which mentions their participation in the International Charter "Space
and Major Disasters".

The charter's web site has a page for Haiti, which links to some
imagery:
http://www.disasterscharter.org/web/charter/activation_details?p_r_p_1415474252_assetId=ACT-287

There are some additional images at
http://sertit.u-strasbg.fr/SITE_RMS/2010/01_rms_haiti_2010/01_rms_haiti_2010.html
but the post-earthquake imagery is only at ten meters resolution.