[OSM-talk] Fwd: Re: [CrisisMappers] Re: New Imagery in Google Earth file

Karl Guggisberg karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Thu Jan 21 13:11:39 GMT 2010

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	Re: [CrisisMappers] Re: New Imagery in Google Earth file
Datum: 	Wed, 20 Jan 2010 23:48:05 -0800
Von: 	Christiaan Adams <csadams at google.com>
Antwort an: 	crisismappers at googlegroups.com
An: 	crisismappers <crisismappers at googlegroups.com>
CC: 	Jean-Guilhem Cailton <jguilhem at gmail.com>, OSM-talk
<talk at openstreetmap.org>, Jeff Martin <jeffmartin at google.com>, Lars
Bromley <lbromley at aaas.org>

Hi folks,
I've been asked to let you know that you CAN trace this imagery in OSM:
http://www.google.com/relief/haitiearthquake/imagery.html

-Christiaan

---------------------------------
Christiaan Adams
Google Earth Outreach
Google Crisis Response
csadams at google.com <mailto:csadams at google.com>
---------------------------------

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Jeff Martin <jeffmartin at google.com
<mailto:jeffmartin at google.com>> wrote:

    Here are the usage terms for the new aerial imagery released on
    Google Maps/Google Earth today:

    Use restricted to non-commercial use in or related to Haitian relief
    efforts. Generating maps for that purpose (only) is fine. Must
    provide a proper and distinct photo credit to Google.

    Please don't ask me to interpret this clause for you or apply it to
    specific use cases. (We've been warned against giving interpretive
    legal advice.)

    On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 5:52 AM, Lars Bromley <lbromley at aaas.org