[OSM-talk] Haiti coastline, [ was] coastline error checker stalled

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 22 23:45:48 GMT 2010

> > The main Mapnik site use worldwide shapefiles which
> > take about 8 hours to generate so it is not really practical to update
> > them every day. They are typically updated about once per month from the
> > data released in the weekly planet dumps.
> >
> That's a pity, as there were one or two errors in the 2010-01-20 data which
> have caused certian areas to render very wrong .

I'm open to updating it once-per-week if there are significant errors. I
noticed that some of the sea areas around Miami are showing up as blocky
bits of land at the moment.

Alternatively, if you make some fixes and these are in the updated
processed_p shapefiles from Hypercube coastline checker then let me know
and I'll pull these files in.

	Jon