[OSM-talk] Haiti coastline, [ was] coastline error checker stalled

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 22 23:58:52 GMT 2010

Jon Burgess wrote:

> Alternatively, if you make some fixes and these are in the updated
> processed_p shapefiles from Hypercube coastline checker then let me know
> and I'll pull these files in.

The shapefiles from hypercube have less overlap (150 m) between the
tiles, and ISTR you generate with 20 km overlap. I always believed that
was the reason you weren't using the hypercube processed_p shapefiles.

The need for the larger overlap will soon be gone, with the release of
mapnik 0.7.0 and the gamma parameter.

--
Lennard