[OSM-talk] Expanding Google imagery area?

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Sun Jan 24 19:27:01 GMT 2010

The World Bank's aerial imagery is being prepared. It will be even
better than Google's : 8 cm instead of 15, and cover a much larger area,
extending to Leogane.

You can get a view of the flight plan here:
http://groups.google.com/group/osm-emergency/browse_thread/thread/87a753027d155752

In the meantime, I have been told (on the IRC channel, by Chris who is
setting up the World Bank's images) :
<crschmidt> jgc: there's a lot more important things than mapping out
eveyr outbuilding in the PaP area.
<crschmidt> jgc: there are whole towns not in the map at all.
<crschmidt> jgc: and there are lists of things like hospitals, offices,
etc. that would be lovely to have in OSM

<crschmidt> anyone who wants to map should work on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/New_Mapper#Adding_Hospitals_From_Sahana
first