[OSM-talk] If you want to help with OSM, and dont know what to do, help out with the Kosovo and Albania project

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 29 07:58:27 GMT 2010

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/h4ck3rm1k3/diary/9405

Everybody is invited to help out with Kosovo and Albania.

I know that there are alot of new people working on Haiti,
and if that project is saturated and you are looking for something to
do to help out, please help out the people in the Balkans.

We have been getting alot of raw data and there is so much work to do.

We have 10 million gps+ points that need to be traced (from Logistic
Plus a delivery company)
We have The entire streetnetwork of Kosovo that needs to be merged and
imported (from iimap, the disaster relief)

We have Highres maps of Prishtina with every building , parcel and
street on it from the town.

And we have lots of cleanup to do, validation, removing of duplicates.
We have also the problem of naming of the streets etc.

For Albania we also have the GNS names I have converted, We have the
street network from DLR in vector format, and we have lots of highres
photos that need to be traced.

All of these are documented in my diary somewhere, if you are are
iterested and cannot find them, let me know. Most of the data is
posted on archive.org just look.

Now we have a team in Kosovo that is working on mapping, They are
doing a great job but many of them are new.

There is so much work that we would need another 10 people working on it !

So if anyone has time and wants to help, all help is welcome!

mike