[OSM-talk] Wine Farm and Wellness Spa Tagging

Ian Mc Shane ianmcshane at live.co.za
Sun Jan 31 15:54:03 GMT 2010

Thanks Liz,

I spoke to some people on IRC #OSM.  We came to the conclusion that for a building that is selling wine and doing wine tasting the following would apply:
name=XYZ
shop=wine
tasting=yes
building=yes

If the building is on a wine farm then tags would be applied to to the land such as vineyard.

We were not sold on on the tourism tag as it is not exclusive to tourists.  It is quite common for locals to do wine tasting during the week and weekend.

Regarding wellness spa tagging.

I am thinking of:
name=XYZ
amenity=*
healthcare=spa
building=yes

This is based on what I dug up on looking at the German tagging of doctors rooms and old age homes etc.

Anybody have any thoughts or comments?

Thanks,
Ian