[OSM-talk] [Candidacy] AGM Foundation 2010 - Girona

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Jul 5 10:38:35 BST 2010

On 05/07/2010 10:29, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> if one is a cyclist with interest in cycling, she/he will not go out
> mapping parking lots or petrol stations just because someones declares
> that they are important.

Well I'm a keen cyclist and don't have a car, but I still map petrol
stations (and I don't eat meat but I still map steak restaurants).

I'm using my bike as the best tool to make a systematic map, not because
I'm a cyclist. It's terribly inefficient for one person to survey an
area for petrol stations and another for restaurants.

Addresses are a bit different because its a whole different level of
detail. But because you don't think its fun doesn't mean others don't
enjoy it (or even do it because it is enjoyable). I did my village to
see what it would take, but in general I took the view that I wanted to
get complete street level / poi coverage for the area reasonably within
my reach before I started on the next level of detail down.

David