[OSM-talk] Announcing help.openstreetmap.org

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 13:44:48 BST 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 08:06, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
> I'm be pleased to be able to announce a new addition to the tools available
> to support the OpenStreetMap project.
>
> The new help.openstreetmap.org site is a StackOverflow style question and
> answer site where we can curate good answers to the questions people ask
> about how to both use OpenStreetMap and add to OpenStreetMap.

Nice, on the login screen it says "Enter your OpenStreetMap username
and password", but I can only log in with my OSM E-Mail + password, at
which point it'll suggest my OSM username as a displayable Real Name.

Why use CC-BY instead of CC-BY-SA like the OSM wiki? That means we
can't base wiki help pages off good replies or questions on
help.osm.org.

Why was OSQA used instead of Shapado? I'm not familiar with the
difference between them. But Shapado seems to have much better i18n
support.  AFACS OSQA only has some localizations for 5 languages, but
Shapado has >50% localizations for ~14.

Anyway, this is great stuff.