[OSM-talk] Announcing help.openstreetmap.org

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Jul 10 14:16:05 BST 2010

On 10/07/10 14:44, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:

> Nice, on the login screen it says "Enter your OpenStreetMap username
> and password", but I can only log in with my OSM E-Mail + password, at
> which point it'll suggest my OSM username as a displayable Real Name.

It should work if you get the case right - it just does a fetch of the
user details from the API in the same way that trac does. I guess they
may be a Unicode issue or something in the python code I wrote to do it.

> Why use CC-BY instead of CC-BY-SA like the OSM wiki? That means we
> can't base wiki help pages off good replies or questions on
> help.osm.org.

That license is actually hard coded in the OSQA source... Yes I know
that's silly and I should probably change it locally.

> Why was OSQA used instead of Shapado? I'm not familiar with the
> difference between them. But Shapado seems to have much better i18n
> support.  AFACS OSQA only has some localizations for 5 languages, but
> Shapado has>50% localizations for ~14.

Basically because I heard of OSQA first and had already started playing
with it when I heard oh Shapado.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)