[OSM-talk] Tag name vs operator

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Tue Jul 13 00:00:22 BST 2010

There is a "franchise" tag listed on the wiki.  It is a proposed tag, not yet voted on.  So, the name tag would have the name of this location of the business, the franchise tag (if present) would have the name of the chain, and operator would have the name of the company or individual operating this particular location.