[OSM-talk] What could we do to make this licences discussion more inclusive?

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Sun Jul 18 13:19:45 BST 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 09:54:36PM +1000, John Smith wrote:
> It just got pointed out to me, but anyone that has ever derived data
> from Nearmap can't agree to the new Contributor Terms, not to mention
> new users that already agreed to the new CTs shouldn't be deriving
> data from Nearmap.

This also shows that simply asking if contributors will allow their
contributions to come under the ODbL is not enough.  I imagine many have
done both their own surveys, the data from which they might be happy to
relicense, and derivatives of other data (Nearmap, Yahoo!, etc), which
they may not be able to relicense.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall