[OSM-talk] Suggestion to add SA clause to CT section 3, describing "free and open license"

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 01:19:09 BST 2010

On 20 July 2010 09:43, Simon Biber <simonbiber at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> So can these specific contributor terms be available for anyone who  wants to
> contribute in Australia? At a guess, perhaps 90% of active  mappers in Australia
> have used NearMap as one of their sources and are  therefore unable to agree to
> the current contributor terms.

I forget who it was, but someone suggested per country or per region
agreements, rather than a one size fits all.

I highly doubt any time soon it will be practical for some places to
go PD, on the other hand the US was originally based entirely on PD
data and it may be much more practical for that data to shift to a PD
license, I know this is going to make things much more complex but I
only see 2 outcomes, a little more flexibility or forking, both of
which will have the same effect essentially.