[OSM-talk] A plea for meaning ful changeset comments

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Sat Jul 31 14:40:29 BST 2010

Well, in my area at least (Nashville, TN, USA), the aerial images seem pretty well aligned with the actual street locations.  The corrections I am speaking of tend to be needed only here and there, not overall.  Much of the street location info on the OSM map in my area originated in the TIGER import (data collected, over decades, by census-takers), and some of the original mappers were pretty sloppy.  You will have a neighborhood where all of the streets align with the aerial view, for example, except for one street that will be mapped 15 meters or so to the side of its actual location.