[OSM-talk] Custom rendering of a small map

Gary68 gary at gary68.de
Mon Jun 7 15:45:54 BST 2010

hi,

thanks for the information. i thought that some issues were related to
the style file but of course some are technology inherent - and might
need heavy thinking and development before being solved. at least
speaking for mapgen.pl

regarding mapgen:
- the icon issues could be solved quickly by the user (by drawing or
using new ones)
- it is true that way and poi labels might overlap. but not inside a
group. that is a street label will not overlap another street label
- font sizes can easily be adapted
- oneway arrows share the space with way labels ;-)
- road ends are not square :-)
- choice of pois is done in style sheet

cheers

gerhard