[OSM-talk] Potlatch and NearMap sourcing - what? why?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 04:32:11 BST 2010

I just noticed that Potlatch has started saving the source, when using
nearmap[1], as "source=http://www.nearmap.com/kh/zxy=!,!,!" rather
than just "source=nearmap".

Several issues here:
1) That format looks broken - surely those should be numbers, not !
2) Changing to such a specific source rather than the generic
"nearmap" is a fairly big change and is going to cause incorrect
sourcing. For example, you could take a whole highway with a tag that
only really applies to one bit.
3) I don't really want to keep tagging atm knowing that it's creating
broken sources. Could this be fixed quickly?

Steve
[1] That is, pressing "b" when the underlying imagery is nearmap.