[OSM-talk] [OSM-Talk-ZA] Downloading gps traces- Ponta Malongane

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 21:43:10 BST 2010

Hello John,

I've downloaded the data with JOSM and attached. Email me off-list if
you did not get it (perhaps the list will scrub it). It is however
only a small subset of the OSM data. I guess someone traced from
Landsat or he is not sharing his tracks with us.

AFAIK, there is no direct way to find the corresponding track on the
system. I can see who edited that region, but none of those users
uploaded a track with Mozambique in the description or the tag. I can
also see that it was uploaded on 26 Feb 2009, but going through all
the tracks uploaded during the following few days is a big job.

OSM is most certainly not the only or best repository of tracklogs.
www.Gpsies.com is quite good and there is comprehensive list of
websites here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Nroets

Regards,